Friday is el packedoooooooo this weekend. Make sure you get down and catch at least one gig! Cheers.
Live Music Gig Guide
- The Hellhounds will play the last of the Scratch, Snort, and Drooling Blues Sessions this Thursday at 9:00PM at Sharkys. There is extra reason to get down there this week too. Not will be your last chance to catch them for a while but there will be a re-appearance of international super-star, special guest Johnny Pilgrim. Johnny played an impromptu few songs with the boys last week but this week he will play both sets as their regular harp/mando player (i.e.: Television Ted) is in Australia. Johnny has over 30 years of harp-playing experience and should not be missed. [More Info]
- There you can be treated to a flamenco session this Friday at Equinox. The ensemble consists of Jose de Lopera (guitar and vocals), Mark Chattaway (mandolin) and may also include Eric (percussion).[More Info]
- One of the newest bands on the Phnom Penh music scene is Shangri La . They will perform their mix of Russian, Khmer and English contemporary rock and ballads at The Cavern this Friday. They are a three-piece band with Sergey Minstril heading the band on guitar and vocals, Sambath on the keys and their eclectic drummer [More Info]
- The Cambodian Space Project is on the road yet again playing down in Sihanoukville for the annual Khernaval Festival.[More Info]
- Tree is playing the Velkommen Inn again - Friday evening starting at 8:30PM. Velkommen In is a good place for a nice dinner too [More Info].
- The 12-Girls Band is on at Naga World this weekend - I'm sure you have seen the ads everywhere. Just for something a bit different and special.
- Art+ are putting on a performance of classical music in cooperation with the CJCC (Cambodian Japanese Cooperation Centre). It is free admission and occurs within the grounds of the Royal University of Phnom Penh [More Info].
- If you are in Siem Reap then you can catch Monsieur Nû at The FCC Angkor. If you didn't catch him in the big smoke. Unfortunately I haven't heard of any rundown of his Phnom Penh gig but if anyone has then it would be a good idea to post or send to to the Following the Applause blog.
- Juram is across from Ho Chi Minh City again to perform at the FCC Phnom Penh this Friday and Saturday on the roof. Always a good place to have a drink and a dance when Juram gets his big sound for those pumpin' dance tunes [More Info].
- Lost Highway will be at Sharkys this weekend also - playing both Friday and Saturday (starting around 9:00PM). The classic American country rock filled with that solid, bassy harmonica is a real treat for us Phnom Penhers. The Lazy Jazz Drunks will be the lead-up band to them on the Saturday night [More Info].
- As corrected after last weeks gig guide posting - the Cambodian Space Project will also be involved in a special night at the Chinese House in a presentation of a documentary on global human trafficking called Call & Response. This will be a special acoustic session for the band and will include a talk by the band's lead singer in relation to her own experiences [More Info] .
- DJ Radioactive Anne plays this Thursday night at Studio 182. It is Ladies Night and is billed as "A burlesque and frivolous DJ Radioactive Anne shares her musical fantasy with you. An eclectic mix of music that includes your favorite tunes, Electro Swing and Funk.". Should be cooooool - so get on down there.[More Info]
- DJ Clockwork Soul plays at Rubies this Friday. The party celebrates The Hacienda which was a famous club in Manchester. It promises to bring you all the memorable dance anthems, acid house tracks, indie tunes and Britpop classics of the late 80's and 90's. Cool! [More Info]
- Shangri La at FCC and K-West
- Mekong Pirates at the FCC
Cheers and see you around the traps!