Don't forget that you can catch the Friendship Festival on this weekend in Siem Reap. It is being held at the Paradise Resort . You will not only get some great music and other festivities but you will also be supporting Phare Ponleu Selpak - the Battambang circus troupe.
Hellhounds on my trail!!! Yes, the The Hellhounds return to at Sharky Bar at 9:00PM tonight - and as the bands guitar player, Stevie "Sweet Licks" Goodman, puts it -The Hellhounds will be forced to recite their arrangements of various blues, oddball hillbilly and twisted country favorites with a nearly imbecile-like lack of showmanship or enthusiasm.
Good news too with the Chinese House back online with 2 performances this weekend. Patrick Mercier performs a night of Leonard Cohen songs. For those who have not had the pleasure of witnessing one of Patrick's performances previously, then I really recommend you get down there this Saturday night. Lost Highway will also make a debut at the venue on Sunday night.
You may have noticed an increase in activity for the Following the Applause . This is a result of contributions forwarded by other readers such as yourself. This is a blog moderated by Scott Bywater and covers any stories / news of live music gigs and how they went etc. - plus anything else you want to have published. Please feel free to forward Scoddy any write-ups / reviews of gigs using smbywaterTAKE IT OUTER HERE@yahoo.com
Three pieces of other interesting news from around the traps. Look out for a brand new jazz ensemble that includes the dulcet tones of Jimmy Baek on sax - I am sure this will be well worth tuning into.
There is also a new MetaHouse venue that will be opening soon, and, as some of you know, this will have include musical services and facilities as it is being run in collaboration with Anton Isselhardt of the Art Café. It seems there may be some sort of venue associated for live music performances. They are hoping to create a space to allow jazz musicians (and the likes) to gather and make music as they see fit - somewhat in the same vein as the famous Miles Bar did a few years back. More news on that later.
Lastly Dengue Fever is on the rise in Cambodia yet again - fortunately it is the type of fever that makes your feet shuffle and groove to that Khmer 60's rock and roll. Finalization of times, dates, venues and prices are all unknown 100% to me at this point. I do know they will do a benefit concert for Cambodian Living Arts (possibly at Studio 182) and will conduct some sort of forum / discussion at the MetaHouse (may be) so as to talk about the state of Cambodian music past and present.
Live Music Gigs
- Thursday 29-Apr-2010 - The Hellhounds at Sharky Bar [MORE INFO]
- Friday 30-Apr-2010 - Bayon Blues at the Velkommen Inn [MORE INFO]
- Friday 30-Apr-2010 - Cambojam at the Banana Leaf in Siem Reap from 9PM [MORE INFO]
- Saturday the 1-May-2010 - Battambang Blue Grass Boys at the Friendship Festival 2010, Siem Reap [MORE INFO]
- Saturday the 1-May-2010 - Patrick Mercier at the Chinese House [MORE INFO]
- Saturday the 1-May-2010 - Bass Steppaz at the Friendship Festival 2010, Siem Reap [MORE INFO]
- Sunday the 2-May-2010 - Lost Highway at the Chinese House [MORE INFO]
- Thursday 29-Apr-2010 - DJ Silvia and Dirty Disco Darryl at the Riverhouse Lounge [MORE INFO]
- Friday the 30-Apr-2010 - DJ Achaya, DJ Rob Little and DJ Stevie J at Pontoon [MORE INFO]
- Friday the 30-Apr-2010 - DJ Clockwork Soul at Rubies Wine Bar [MORE INFO]
- Dengue Fever at Wat Botum Park [MORE INFO]
- DJ Illest and Old Skizzooool Bobby at Riverhouse Lounge [MORE INFO]
- DJ Domination and DJ Illest at the Riverhouse Lounge [MORE INFO]