Won't be a long blurb this week due to the fact that I am still in recovery mode after the huge gigs in Kampot last weekend. It was a total blast and thanks have got to go out to all the managers of the venues - Jos and Hugh at the Bodhi Villa, Jean-Yves and Phear at Les Manguiers and Hans and Frank at Villa Vedici. It would never of happened without their thoughtfulness and cooperation. Thanks also to all the bands that put on a totally awesome set of gigs - although things were not perfectly arranged for them, all bands did a totally brilliant set of performances. Special thanks goes to Alex from the Grass Snake Union Band who controlled and engineered the sound the Saturday gig - totally appreciate you Alex. Also thanks the Gildas Maronneaud for the use of all the equipment. Special thanks must also be extended to the staff for the event - Sann Sokha and Sokha Kallyan for their tireless work before, during and after the festival.
Great set of DJ gigs on this Friday - including the regular and totally anticipated First Friday Party at Elsewhere. DJ Illest,DJ Gang & Marco Anthony return to the Riverhouse Lounge and DJ Seiji will pack the dance floor at Pontoon.
Live music on Friday includes a special celebration of Canada Day at The Score that will feature Kheltica. There will be a lucky draw, and extended happy hour - great! The totally cool and danceable sounds of Sysé Swing will be at Mao's and Musikero play at Paddy Rice.
Saturday night only has four gigs, but every single one of them are smokin' hot - so take your pick. The biggest party has got to be the annual Independence Day Party at Sharkys. A totally famous and anticipated event, this year they feature the wonderful full-on Chicago Blues sounds of Little Duke an the Mekong Blues Messengers. There will be an all you can eat BBQ that starts 5pm plus free flow of Angkor draught from 5pm-9pm all for $9.00 - can't beat that! The immimicable Teaner Terners will debut at Mao's after their return from Kampot and the totally great, totally danceable, totally ragga sounds of Dub Addicition will fill the room at Equinox. As if that's not enough, Memphis Pub are also celebrating this weekend with their 7th anniversary featuring Cartoon Emo, Skip, Section 5 and surprise guests. It will be absolutely massive and totally packed there late into Sunday morning.
Signing off and getting some rest. Have a great weekend, be cool with each other and see you around the traps. Here's this weeks gig guide.
- 7:00PM ~ Animation at MetaHouse [MORE INFO]
- 7:30PM ~ Bluesberry Jam at The Big Easy [MORE INFO]
- 9:00PM ~ Holliday in Cambodia at Mao's [MORE INFO]
- 6:00PM ~ Kheltica at The Score [MORE INFO]
- 9:00PM ~ Sysé Swing at Mao's [MORE INFO]
- 9:00PM ~ Musikero at Paddy Rice [MORE INFO]
- 9:00PM ~ Lazy Drunks at Sharkys [MORE INFO]
- 9:00PM ~ DJ Seiji at Pontoon [MORE INFO]
- 9:00PM ~ DJ DSN at Elsewhere [MORE INFO]
- 10:00PM ~ DJ Illest, DJ Gang & Marco Anthony at Riverhouse Lounge [MORE INFO]
- 7:00PM ~ The Teaner Terners at Mao's [MORE INFO]
- 8:30PM ~ Little Duke and The Mekong Blues Messengers at Sharkys [MORE INFO]
- 9:00PM ~ Dub Addiction at Equinox [MORE INFO]
- 10:00PM ~ Cartoon Emo, Skip, Section 5 & surprise guests at Memphis Pub's [MORE INFO]
- Milkteeth* at Equinox [MORE INFO]
- The Teaner Terners at Sharkys [MORE INFO] and Equinox [MORE INFO]
- The Grass Snake Union Band at Equinox [MORE INFO]
- Sysé Swing at Equinox [MORE INFO]
- DJ Cash Money at Pontoon [MORE INFO]
- Stevie J, Rob Little, Achaya at Pontoon [MORE INFO]
- DJ Illest, Stryker Lefty, Marco Anthony at Pontoon [MORE INFO]