The Cabaret Francophone is on tonight and is an open-mic arrangement, which requires you to register beforehand. It will be the last one for some time. Alternatively there is the Electric Eclectic Limelight Jukebox Jam at Paddy Rice which often boasts some of the local music scenes best performers (see the regular gigs section for details on that one).
Friday sees the regular Lazy Drunks at Sharkys and the Cambodian Space Project's last show before heading to Hong Kong. Also, up in Siem Reap, you can catch some live music at Molly Malones this Friday. It is a new ensemble (to this blog at least) called Rhythm Conspiracy.
Saturday is pretty much packed - mostly with DJ gigs but also a couple of special live music gigs. A huge gig at Pontoon features on Saturday night. It includes the best of the local hip-hop dance and rap scene with Tiny Toones and KlapYaHandz together with DJs Hydrophonics and Tech 12 and international artists Gobshite and Akil the MC. It will be totally great - so make sure to be a in attendance.
Also the same night in Siem Reap, Cambojam will help the Under Construction Bar to celebrate their 1st anniversary - always a lot of fun and great quality music. Members of the Cambodian Space Project will combine in a new configuration to form the Mexicano Space Guerrillas at the Alley Cat early on Saturday night. Later on at Sharkys catch Stoned Again with special guest Curtis King. On Sunday catch the return of Syse Swing at Le Jardin.
Coming up look for the huge annual event which Penhstock. The third installation of the musical fest will occur at Sharkys next weekend from the 11th to the 13th of May and will feature an eclectic mix of over 20 bands. Always a great buzz over this event.
Leaving you this week with a great track sent to me all the way from the UK from Martin Armstrong (The Choppers). Check it out.
Also a taste of what's to come at Pontoon this Saturday night with this Frank Zappa-esque track featuring Akil the MC.
Finally a little mix of totally out there poetry and music from Scoddy.
From Ted and I here in the back streets of Phnom Penh, have a great weekend, be cool with each other and see you around the traps. Here's this week's gig guide.
- 6:00 PM ~ Caberet Francophone at Institut Francais du Cambodge
- 8:00 PM ~ Rhythm Conspiracy at Molly Malones in Siem Reap
- 9:00 PM ~ The Cambodian Space Project at Mao's
- 9:00 PM ~ DJ Bassbender at The Top Banana
- 9:00 PM ~ The Lazy Drunks at Sharkys
- 9:00 PM ~ Holliday in Cambodia at Paddy Rice
- 10:00 PM ~ Paul Devro * at Pontoon
- 11:00 PM ~ DJ Chase and DJ Edwardowski at The X-Bar in Siem Reap
- 7:00 PM ~ The Mexicano Space Guerillas at The Alley Cat Cafe
- 7:00 PM ~ CamboJam at The Under Construction Bar & Restaurant in Siem Reap
- 9:00 PM ~ Herding Cats at The Cavern
- 9:00 PM ~ The Lazy Drunks at The Velkommen Backpackers
- 9:00 PM ~ DJ Dr House, DJ El Kay, Durian and DJ Ian G at Mao's
- 9:00 PM ~ Stoned Again and Curtis King at Sharkys
- 9:00 PM ~ DJ DSN, DJ Kid and DJ Hey Zeus at The Cotton Club
- 10:00 PM ~ DJ Cyncity, DJ Dan Beck, DJ Peanut and DJ Astroboys at The Fly Lounge
- 10:00 PM ~ Digital Punks, DJ Black and DJ Kdeb at The Heart of Darkness
- 10:00 PM ~ DJ Dr House and DJ Joeki at The RiverHouse Lounge
- 10:30 PM ~ Hydrophonics, DJ Tech 12, DJ Eklectic, Gobshite *, KlapYaHandz, Tiny Toones and Akil the MC * at Pontoon
- 11:00 PM ~ DJ DTonn, DJ Matoo and DJ Nicko at The X-Bar in Siem Reap
- 5:00 PM ~ Syse Swing at Le Jardin
- 8:00 PM ~ Phnom Penh Musicians Sessions at Equinox
- Durian at Equinox
- The Fumes at Equinox
- Penhstock 3 at Sharkys
- DJ Tommy Beardley at The Mezze Bar in Siem Reap
- DJ Shelly B at The Local
- DJ G-Rom at Tabu Velvet Lounge
- The Stanton Warriors * at Pontoon